Published on 8 October 2016; revised
- SUPPRESSION OF 2014 HIV INCIDENCE DATA BY THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL
- THE DUTY THAT GOVERNMENT HAS TO MAKE THIS HEALTH RISK CLEAR TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
- HOW TO GET HIV HOME TESTS, AND WHICH TEST LOOKS MORE PROMISING
- OraQuick HIV Home Test
- Home Access Express HIV-1 Test System
- ON MAKING CONFIDENTIAL HIV TESTING AVAILABLE AT OUR ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS, JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOLS, AND HIGH SCHOOLS
- ON FACILITATING THE DEVELOPMENT OF AN HIV-RESISTANT GENE POOL WORLDWIDE
- ANTICIPATED DOWNTIME FOR OUR WORK FORCE AS A RESULT OF THE PANDEMIC
- A SHORT-TERM STRATEGY FOR PRESERVING OUR WORK FORCE: ALLOWING OUR CHILDREN TO BEAR CHILDREN AT AN EARLY AGE; A RETURN TO CHASTITY AS A PRACTICAL IDEAL
- LONG-TERM STRATEGY FOR PRESERVING OUR WORK FORCE: HOSPITAL AND LONG-TERM CARE FOR AIDS BABIES; GRASSROOTS ALTERNATIVE MEDICAL CARE
- ON THE CHANCE OF AIDS BABIES TO SURVIVE
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK FOR VARIOUS INDUSTRIES AS THE PANDEMIC PROGRESSES
- A CALL TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE: LET US MEET THIS CHALLENGE WITH FAITH, HOPE, AND CHARITY TOWARD THOSE IN NEED
SUPPRESSION OF 2014 HIV INCIDENCE DATA BY THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL
As you may know, nearly all of the United States county-by-county data on HIV incidence were suppressed in the 2014 United States Centers for Disease Control HIV report. (1) The likely reason is that HIV incidence is on the rise in the United States, and disclosure of this rise in incidence has been concealed because it causes political inconvenience, particularly in a presidential election year.
THE DUTY THAT GOVERNMENT HAS TO MAKE THIS HEALTH RISK CLEAR TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
My first thought on this is, that those we vote into office have no right to conceal the truth from the American people, in the name of political expediency. When the fate of our children, and our children’s children is in the balance, it is the duty of our political representatives to tell us, their constituency, what lies before us as a people, so that we may be prepared for the future.
If these data are being suppressed because our government has not the means to treat the HIV pandemic, and feels despair in that regard, then we, the people, must make the necessary grassroots preparations, through our schools, our places of work, our churches, and our civic organizations, to come together in community and deal with what lies before us in the best possible way.
In order for this to happen, it is crucial that our government reveal to us what is currently known about HIV incidence in the United States. As Franklin D. Roosevelt, speaking to the challenge then faced by America, said in his inaugural address:
“This is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly. Nor need we shrink from honestly facing conditions in our country today. This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory….” (2)
HOW TO GET HIV HOME TESTS, AND WHICH TEST LOOKS MORE PROMISING
I observe that the Obama administration has made the OraQuick HIV Home Test available for about $40 through the Rite-Aid Pharmacies, Walgreens, and CVS Pharmacy. (3) This test has 99% accuracy, but only if used 3 months after a risk event … though very reasonably priced, this test is, I feel, not as timely as the test described below:
The Home Access Express HIV-1 Test System (about $60) is available through Amazon.com … https://www.amazon.com/ … search by the name of the product. This test is 99.9% accurate … as accurate as the test at a doctor’s office, and, I feel, the better choice.
Here is a question: Why would these products be now available over the counter? Is their availability not proof that there has been a rise in HIV incidence in the United States … an increase concerning enough to propel the Obama administration to provide these products over-the-counter without the need for a visit to a doctor’s office?
ON MAKING CONFIDENTIAL HIV TESTING AVAILABLE AT OUR ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS, JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOLS, AND HIGH SCHOOLS
My feeling is, that as many as 40% of our youth may find themselves to be infected with the HIV virus by graduation from high school. I feel the infection may be taking place as early as elementary school level.
Proposal. The proof of this assertion … as well as its disproval … lies in our making free, voluntary, confidential HIV tests available to the students in our elementary schools, junior high schools, and high schools.
Knowing how many of our children are infected is very important to our children and their parents, and it’s also important to our schools, which may, in time, assume a leadership role in preserving the good health of our children, whether they be infected or not infected.
ON FACILITATING THE DEVELOPMENT OF AN HIV-RESISTANT GENE POOL WORLDWIDE
The HIV epidemic will eventually and inevitably sweep through the entire population of the United States, as it will in other countries.
The hope for continuation of our human population on planet Earth lies in those of our children who have a natural genetic resistance to the HIV virus. Their resistance must be such that they can survive, even though they have the virus, long enough to have children of their own. In this way, the resistant populations of children worldwide will eventuate an HIV-resistant global gene pool. In this lies the salvation and perpetuation of the human race on Earth.
How may this positive outcome be facilitated?
ANTICIPATED DOWNTIME FOR OUR WORK FORCE AS A RESULT OF THE PANDEMIC
One of the greatest concerns, in the short term, for our nation as for all the world’s nations during these trying times, is the preservation of a sufficiently large able-bodied work force to transition through this challenging time; sufficient man-hours (and woman-hours) must be available to allow us to continue providing our people with foodstuffs, heat, materials for construction of homes and businesses, and other staples.
Among those of our workers who now have the HIV infection, greater downtime must be anticipated. Their work schedules must be compassionately devised so as to take into account their need to keep their immune systems strong, and their need to take time off when they aren’t feeling well.
This anticipated increase in sick-leave and wellness leave among our HIV infected workers points out a need to provide for additional workers. Where will this HIV-free work force come from?
A SHORT-TERM STRATEGY FOR PRESERVING OUR WORK FORCE: ALLOWING OUR CHILDREN TO BEAR CHILDREN AT AN EARLY AGE; A RETURN TO CHASTITY AS A PRACTICAL IDEAL
In the short term, when our children reach puberty and before they are infected with the HIV virus, let us allow them to bear HIV-free children, rather than forcing them to abort these our grandchildren out of financial considerations.
Let the greater family unit assist in the rearing of these babies, who will may add to the HIV-free work force, thus bolstering the manpower gap caused by downtime among workers infected with HIV.
A further consideration is for parents to explain the facts of the HIV pandemic, the effect infection would have on their lifespan, and the advantages of chastity among our young couples who give birth at an early age. This will help them stay clear of HIV infection.
HIV infection among our children is a difficult thing to avoid, considering the tendency of mass media and virtual devices to proffer profligacy as a preferential lifestyle. If they do get the infection, there are guidelines to help them not pass on the infection to their children … see (4).
Proposals. In general, the strategy I propose to preserve our workforce is to allow our children to bear children young, to educate them as to the dangers posed by the HIV pandemic, and to help promote the ideals of practical chastity among our young.
Further, if we allow them to get confidential HIV tests at their schools, then they will be aware of prospective health problems for the children they are bearing as well as for themselves.
LONG-TERM STRATEGY FOR PRESERVING OUR WORK FORCE: HOSPITAL AND LONG-TERM CARE FOR AIDS BABIES; GRASSROOTS ALTERNATIVE MEDICAL CARE
My feeling is, that more and more AIDS babies are being born. It could be that the statistics are not yet ‘out there’ because there is a cover-up going on, or it could be that hospitals have not yet put two and two together … They may not be testing all infants for AIDS, or they may be testing them, finding a greater incidence, and thinking that their city or town is just a particularly unlucky vicinity, as far as the HIV virus is concerned.
At present, the inevitability of the pandemic is simply not being put forth, and so, AIDS babies are often left at hospitals for adoption. As there is a great stigma attached to the virus, AIDS babies are less likely to be adopted than are healthy babies. It is also possible that some hospitals, whose have no clear understanding of the importance of keeping these babies alive, are euthanizing these infants or else allowing unfit couples to adopt them.
This notwithstanding, the long-term salvation of our people lies in preserving the lives of these AIDS babies. All the babies born in America will eventually be AIDS babies. From this gene pool will come the children who have sufficient resistance to the virus to carry on reproduction of our species. And so, long-term, we must do our very best to keep them alive.
Proposals. One possibility, as their numbers increase, might be the establishment of community orphanages, either through schools or through churches and civic organizations. These orphanages might be staffed by HIV-positive caregivers, possibly even parents who have lost their own children to the disease. I could see a Federal government subsidy for these orphanages as a natural likelihood.
Let us arrange, insofar as possible, for sufficient Western medicines for the virus to be provided through Obama care. For those not eligible for Obama care, let adequate provision of Western medicines be made. In the Western medicines should at some point become scarce, let us look into the efficacy of low-cost alternative medical care.
ON THE CHANCE OF AIDS BABIES TO SURVIVE
Infants in the womb can be infected with HIV through the mother’s blood, but this is less likely to happen if the mother is on HIV medications. Whether the baby has HIV won’t be known for sure till it is about 3 months old; this determination takes place after various tests are administered.
Babies who are infected with HIV and who do not receive medical treatment generally live less than 3 years. Babies who receive medical treatment can live many years. (5)
ECONOMIC OUTLOOK FOR VARIOUS INDUSTRIES AS THE PANDEMIC PROGRESSES
Transportation, postal services, and telecommunication may be come more localized.
Electric supply may become intermittent … available, say, 4 hours a day, or only at hospital operating rooms and other important locations, such as law enforcement, for instance. This is not a great catastrophe; rather, it is more like the current situation in undeveloped nations.
Medical care may become less available, and promising alternative healing modalities should be sought out at the grassroots level now, while time avails.
It is likely that children will be entering the workforce much younger, the consequence being less demand for higher education.
Luxury industries will likely fall by the wayside.
A CALL TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE: LET US MEET THIS CHALLENGE WITH FAITH, HOPE, AND CHARITY TOWARD THOSE IN NEED
Any great challenge that a nation faces, also provides an opportunity for its people to grow in courage, and in compassionate outreach, and to build a stronger sense of family and community. As President Ronald Reagan said in his 1984 State of the Union Message:
“… our greatest hope for the future, are the minds and hearts of our people, especially our children. We can help them build tomorrow by strengthening our community of shared values… For us, faith, work, family, neighborhood, freedom, and peace are not just words; they’re expressions of what America means, definitions of what makes us a good and loving people. Families stand at the center of our society….” (6)
Let us not fall into a torpor of disconsolation, nor into the pit of despair. Rather, let us join hands with our brothers and sisters and help each other through the coming times. Truly, the only thing we have to fear is not knowing what lies before us. Through knowing, we shall plan. Through faith, through hope, and through works of compassionate charity, we shall overcome all obstacles, and triumph as a people.
In love, light and joy,
Alice B. Clagett
I Am of the Stars
Link: “Compendium: HIV / AIDS Pandemic, and of Data Suppression by the Centers for Disease Control,” by Alice B. Clagett, published on 10 July 2016; updated on 14 June 2018 … http://wp.me/p2Rkym-5QE ..
Link: “Compendium: Surgical Risk, HIV / AIDS, Hepatitis, and Hard Drugs,” by Alice B. Clagett, published on 17 October 2016; updated on 6 July 2017 … http://wp.me/p2Rkym-6gY ..
(1) See Link: “Compendium: HIV / AIDS Pandemic, and Suppression of 2014 Data on the US HIV Pandemic,” by Alice B. Clagett, 17 June 2016 … http://wp.me/p2Rkym-5zq … and Link: “Compendium: HIV / AIDS Pandemic, and of Data Suppression by the Centers for Disease Control ,” by Alice B. Clagett, published on 10 July 2016; updated on 14 June 2018 … http://wp.me/p2Rkym-5QE ..
(2) Citation: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933, “Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”: FDR’s First Inaugural Address, as published in Samuel Rosenman, ed., The Public Papers of Franklin D. Roosevelt, Volume Two: The Year of Crisis, 1933 (New York: Random House, 1938), 11–16 … http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5057/ … Speeches given by employees of the Federal government are in the public domain. See Link: “Are Public Speeches in the Public Domain?” Submitted by New Media Rights last modified Wed, 06/28/2017 – 4:44pm … http://www.newmediarights.org/business_models/artist/are_historical_speeches_public_domain ..
(3) See Link: OraQuick HIV Home Test at Rite Aid … https://shop.riteaid.com/oraquick-in-home-hiv-test-0371651 … At Walgreens … https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/oraquick-in-home-hiv-test/ID=prod6118162-product … and at CVS Pharmacy ... https://www.cvs.com/shop/oraquick-in-home-hiv-test-prodid-1170321 ..
(4) See Link: “HIV and Pregnancy: Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV After Birth,” Last Reviewed: December 28, 2018 … https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/education-materials/fact-sheets/24/71/preventing-mother-to-child-transmission-of-hiv-after-birth ..
(5) See Link: “People Under 30: Life Expectancy for Babies Born with HIV,” by Sharon Lee, M.D., 2 June 2004. in Link: “The Body: The HIV / AIDS Resource” … https://www.thebody.com/article/life-expectancy-babies-born-hiv ..
(6) Citation: Pres. Reagan’s State of the Union message to Congress, 1982-1988 … “Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress on the State of the Union,” 25 January 1984 … https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/address-before-joint-session-the-congress-the-state-the-union-4 … Speeches given by employees of the Federal government are in the public domain … See Link: “Are Public Speeches in the Public Domain?” Submitted by New Media Rights last modified Wed, 06/28/2017 – 4:44pm … http://www.newmediarights.org/business_models/artist/are_historical_speeches_public_domain ..
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
history, community health, HIV, AIDS, HIV pandemic, HIV epidemic, economy, industries, work force, faith, hope, charity, gene pool, resistant population, AIDS babies, Home Access Express HIV-1 Test System, chastity, abortion, orphanages, Federal aid, social issues, HIV coverup, AIDS coverup, HIV data suppression, AIDS data suppression, AIDS,