Filmed on 24 August 2013; published on 25 August 2013; transcribed on 23 July 2018
Location: Florida Mesa, California
- VIDEO BY ALICE
- SUMMARY OF THE VIDEO
- First Chakra Clearing
- A Neutral Attitude Towards Brutal Incarnational Memories Helps Soul Clearing
- Patanjali’s Advice: Release of Negative Emotional Habits Through Sacred Words
- OUTLINE OF THE VIDEO
Here is a video about clearing and revamping our mental-emotional images. After the video is an edited Summary, and after that an Outline (which I feel to be not as good as the Summary) …
VIDEO BY ALICE
SUMMARY OF THE VIDEO
This video is about clearing the mental body and revamping the mental-emotional images that we have.
First Chakra Clearing
I have noticed lately that I have been doing a lot of clearing, and clearing of the lower triangle, especially the first chakra. The results of this clearing … or the symptom of this clearing … are all kinds of very sad, or painful thoughts and emotions, or angry, perhaps, and all kinds of things come up: things that I considered, in the past, I did not even have … But maybe they are from prior lifetimes? Or maybe deeply buried, in this lifetime, from some single incident, sometime … here or there? … are patterns of emotion and thought that I considered to be completely unacceptable.
A Neutral Attitude Towards Brutal Incarnational Memories Helps Soul Clearing
As I clear the lower triangle, especially the first chakra, these patterns come up, and completely horrify me. But the good thing is that they are coming up, because they are leaving; they are clearing. And so, I try to be dispassionate when they come up; I try to feel good about it, you know? In fact, that it is a good thing that is happening; and that Spirit really knows the right thing to do for me; and not get involved in the stories that come up, because there are many stories that the mind attaches to these kind of emotions. just rotely … just out of stream of consciousness, and prior experience.
So, say I remember, from a past lifetime, a time when I had been brutally killed during a war. Right? And I am in the process of releasing that energy stream … that thread of energy … and any other people’s energies that happen to be a similar resonance, and that are attaching to that.
It will bring up memories: Maybe of past lifetimes when that happened; or maybe of movies that I have seen; or maybe of any moment in my current life when I felt that kind of horrible emotion. I can pay attention to the story, or I can just release the energy, you know? … and go on. It seems to me much faster to simply pay attention to the energy and not the story.
Patanjali’s Advice: Release of Negative Emotional Habits Through Sacred Words
Another technique recommended by Patanjali, the great Indian yogi, (1) is not so much for clearing, but for habitual thought streams … So, let us say I have a habit of sadness, or anger, or jealousy, or whatever it is; and this keeps triggering … all the time, triggering. One of the things Patanjali recommended is, coming up with something else to replace that; something positive; something that will allow us to grow more, spiritually, and be more happy.
And so he suggested sacred words: Like chanting ‘Om’, or singing a Christian hymn, or whatever it is that is uplifting. You know? And eventually, the thought is, the lower triangle will ‘divinize’ … It will start loving the idea of God, and the concept of the Divine; that it will start singing like that, instead of singing ‘off-key’ … a little too sharp, a little too flat … whatever it is that is musically kind of painful to hear, you know?
So that is Patanjali’s idea, and that is my idea about Patanjali. And that is my idea about energy rather than stories.
Good luck with your clearing. It is kind of fun. Talk to you later.
OUTLINE OF THE VIDEO
- On clearing and revamping our mental-emotional images or thought forms
- I have been doing a lot of clearing of the first chakra and the lower triangle lately. The symptoms of this clearing have been all kinds of painful thoughts and emotions. Maybe from prior lifetimes, or maybe from some deeply buried traumatic moments in this lifetime, are patterns of thought and emotion that I consider to be completely unacceptable.
- The thing I do, when these patterns come up, is to try to be completely dispassionate. I try to feel good about it; and that Spirit really knows the right thing to do for me.
- The mind attaches many stories to these kinds of emotions, rotely.
- Say I remember from a past lifetime, a time when I was brutally killed during a war or to do with war. (In my case, I have three such memories, from three such lifetimes.) Let’s say I’m in the process of releasing all that. Then during the clearing of these energy threads, the subconscious will bring up these memories of past lifetimes, or of movies with similar resonance that I’ve seen, or any moment in my current life when I’ve felt that kind of horrible emotion.
- I have a choice: I can pay attention to the story, or I can just release the energy. It seems to me important to pay attention to the energy and not the story.
- There is a technique recommended by Patanjali, the great Indian Yogi (1), with regard to habits of thought. Let’s say I have a habit of sadness or anger or jealousy … or whatever it is. This habit keeps triggering all the time. Patanjali recommended coming up with something else to replace that. Something positive. Something that will allow us to grow spiritually and be more happy … such as chanting Om or singing a Christian hymn … whatever it is that is uplifting.
- Eventually, the thought is, the lower triangle will start loving the idea of God. It will start singing like that, instead of singing off key … a little too sharp, a little too flat … whatever it is that’s a little painful to hear.
- So there are Patanjali’s idea and my idea about working with energy rather than stories.
In love, light and joy,
I Am of the Stars
For my incarnational memories, see … Link: “Tiny Anthologies: Incarnational Memories,” by Alice B. Clagett, compiled from prior blogs on 10 February 2019; revised … https://wp.me/p2Rkym-bCE ..
(1) Citation: “How to Know God: The Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali,” translated with a commentary by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood, copyright 1953, 1981 by The Vedanta Society of Southern California.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
anger, chakric clearing, clearing karma, divinization, divinization of the body, emotional body, jealousy, mental body, mental stories, Patanjali, releasing negative energy, sadness, thought substitution, habits, thought forms, habits, hymns, chants, mantras, advaita, incarnations,